Will Deadpool trounce the new releases again? Gods of Egypt has suffered a lot of bad press about its whitewashing of characters, and didn’t screen for critics. It’s likely because the film is awful, and there’s no potential for word of mouth growth here. For me, in the previews, the special effects looks janky, and I wouldn’t waste my money on a film with awful SFX in this day and age. The other new releases, Triple 9 and Eddie The Eagle would be lucky to make 10M.
1) Deadpool- 25M Weekend, 280M Total
2) Gods of Egypt- 14M Weekend, 14M Total
3) Risen- 7.5M Weekend, 23M Total
4) Eddie The Eagle- 7M Weekend, 7M Total
5) Triple 9- 6M Weekend, 6M Total
6) The Witch- 5M Weekend, 17M Total
7) How To Be Single- 4M Weekend, 39M Total
8) Race- 4M Weekend, 14M Total
9) Zoolander 2- 3M Weekend, 29M Total
10) Star Wars: The Force Awakens- 3M Weekend, 926M Total
The following weekend though, Deadpool will definitely lose to Zootopia, and probably also London Has Fallen.