These projections are for the Wed-Sun span of five days.
Star Wars is going to win. Sing is expected to perform really well but Star Wars is unbeatable in week two. The other new releases are all projected to turn this Christmas into a banner year. Passengers and Assassins Creed are both looking to rake in a ton of money, despite poor reviews, and on Friday we add Why Him and Fences.
Families will still catch up with Moana and Fantastic Beasts, and La La Land expands.
1) Star Wars Rogue One- 100M Weekend, 289M Total
2) Sing- 65M Weekend, 65M Total
3) Passengers- 40M Weekend, 40M Total
4) Assassins Creed- 30M Weekend, 30M Total
5) Why Him- 17M Weekend, 17M Total
6) Moana- 13M Weekend, 180M Total
7) Fences- 10M Weekend, 10M Total
8) Office Christmas Party- 7M Weekend, 41M Total
9) La La Land- 6M Weekend, 13M Total
10) Fantastic Beasts- 5M Weekend, 214M Total
11) Collateral Beauty-5M Weekend, 14M Total
12) Manchester By The Sea- 4M Weekend, 19M Total