Jurassic World is about to enter the marketplace, and it is basically the only new wide release this weekend. Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl is getting attention, but it’s just a limited release. Jurassic World is tracking above 100M, but how high can it really go?
My bets are on Jurassic World doing 115M. The tracking is suggesting 110-120M, and I’ll go right in the middle of that. It’s an event film, but reviews are starting to trickle in and not all are favorable. Some people might wait for a few more reviews if they’re on the fence. If Love and Mercy expands at all, it should be able to hold of Aloha, which will have another dismal drop, and remain in the top 10.
1) Jurassic World- 115M Weekend, 115M Total
2) Spy- 15M Weekend, 56M Total
3) San Andreas- 13M Weekend, 121M Total
4) Insidious 3- 10M Weekend, 41M total
5) Entourage- 5.5M Weekend, 26M Total
6) Mad Max: Fury Road- 5M Weekend, 139M Total
7) Pitch Perfect 2- 4M Weekend, 169M Total
8) Tomorrowland- 3.5M Weekend, 84M Total
9) Avengers: Age Of Ultron- 3.5M Weekend, 445M Total
10) Love and Mercy- 2M Weekend, 5M Total