That’s right. I’m officially predicting that not even Transporter: Refueled can hit 10M this weekend, in what is likely to be the slowest weekend at the box office, despite being a holiday weekend. The movies are either old or weak, and the only new entries are a Transporter film with an unknown star, a Robert Redford dramedy, and a moderate rerelease of Dope. There’s not much to say, except that Transporter is likely to open at #1, just shy of the 10M mark. The Transporter franchise has lost steam, and its star Jason Statham. No one really knows Ed Skrein, and that will affect box office. Just like the disappointing Hitman: Agent 47, Transporter will kill its franchise.
Also, Transporter has a 0% on Rotten Tomatoes. So… No word of mouth whatsoever. A Walk In The Woods only has 47%. Not great either. What a disappointing weekend. Dope might slide into the Top 10 with around 2M, but I doubt it.
1) Transporter: Refueled- 9M Weekend, 9M Total
2) Straight Outta Compton- 8M Weekend, 147M Total
3) War Room- 7M Weekend, 22M Total
4) Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation- 5M Weekend, 178M Total
5) No Escape- 4.5M Weekend, 18M Total
6) A Walk In The Woods- 4M Weekend, 5M Total
7) The Man From Uncle- 3M Weekend, 39M Total
8) Sinister 2- 3M Weekend, 23M Total
9) Ant-Man- 2M Weekend, 172M Total
10) The Gift- 2M Weekend, 39M Total