Despite the reviews, X-Men Apocalypse will still open big. 52% on Rotten Tomatoes isn’t awful. It won’t be hurt too much by the poor reviews up front, but it might translate into shitty word of mouth, which will affect the later weeks. Days of Future Past opened to 90M, so there’s no reason to believe that Apocalypse can’t match that.
This weekends other new release is also a sequel, and it will not fare as well. Alice Through The Looking Glass is getting more bad reviews (39% on Rotten Tomatoes) and won’t be able to attract enough eyes to take out X-Men. a 60M opening is still really good, but it won’t match the heights of the original (116.1M Opening/ 334.1M Total).
Angry Birds will hold OK, the Cap will be affected heavily by X-Men, and hopefully Neighbors 2 doesn’t crumble, considering its opening was already below expectations.
1) X-Men Apocalypse- 90M Weekend, 90M Total
2) Alice Through The Looking Glass- 60M Weekend, 60M Total
3) Angry Birds Movie- 25M Weekend, 73M Total
4) Captain America: Civil War- 17M Weekend, 375M Total
5) Neighbors 2- 12M Weekend, 42M Total
6) The Nice Guys- 7.5M Weekend, 23M Total
7) The Jungle Book- 7M Weekend, 338M Total
8) Money Monster- 4.5M Weekend, 34M Total
9) The Darkness- 1M Weekend, 10M Total
10 Zootopia- 1M Weekend, 336M Total